Microsoft has activated a two-step verification system. People with Microsoft accounts can now increase the security of their accounts by using this process.
Microsoft released two-step verification on April 17. In the process, you enter your own password first, which is the first step. Then, you enter the security code as the second step. To send a security code, you can select one of the options, such as SMS, secondary e-mail address, or incoming call to your phone. If you do not want to use them, you can use the validator app on your Android device.
Note that the two-step verification process that you will enable for your Microsoft account means that you will use the same authentication in all Microsoft services, such as Windows, Hotmail Outlook.com, Office and SkyDrive. If you want to use this verification, we’ll show you how to do it now.
- 1: Visit https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage and make sure to add a phone number with an alternate email address to your Microsoft account.
- 2: “Set up two-step verification” click on the link.
- 3: Continue until the adjustment process is complete. You will come to the last page.
Click Done Burada here. Before completing this two-step verification process, you may be asked to send a code to your phone number or e-mail address. Once you’ve completed these actions, you must receive an email sent to your alternate email address to ensure that two-step verification is enabled.
How would you use the Easter application for your Microsoft account?
For two-step verification, we’ve advised you that you may receive a security code by e-mail, phone or SMS. The easiest of them is to use an authentication application. Verification applications like Google Authenticator work effortlessly on your device. You can use the app even if you do not have an Internet connection. To use this, you must first map to your Microsoft account.
- 1: Download the validator app for your device. Android, iOS and BlackBerry users can use Google Authenticator and Windows Phone users can use Microsoft Authenticator.
- 2: Microsoft account security information page, go to n and confirm application in the “Settings” section.
- 3: Open your validator app and scan the bar code on the screen to match the application to your Microsoft account.
- 4: When the security code verifier appears in your application, enter it in the box on the screen and click on uygula Pair.
- Each time you sign in to your account, you open the app and enter the code. If you provide feedback that you trust the device you use to sign in to your account, the code will not be sent.